Should You Be Concerned About Gambling Addiction?
Answer each of the ten gambling addiction questions honestly. Don’t cheat, you’re only cheating yourself. When done, tally yourscore and see if you should be concerned.
1) Is gambling the one leisure activity that gives you the most satisfaction or pleasure?
A Yes- and I play as often as I can
B Yes, but I don’t gamble too often
C No, I can take it or leave it
2) Do you find you need to constantly increase the stakes to achieve the same thrill?
A I hardly ever gamble
B I am betting at the same level as always
C I am betting heavier than I used to
3) If it was illegal to gamble would you still do it?
A The law wouldn’t stop me
B I could live without gambling
C I’m not sure, it would depend
4) If you were kept from being able to gamble how much would it bother you?
A I’d be downright miserable
B I wouldn’t care all that much
C It wouldn’t bother me at all
5) Has anyone close to you warned you about your gambling habits?
A Sort of, but nothing serious.
B I hate to admit it, but they might have a point
C No, they have no reason to
6) Do you enjoy gambling so much that you don’t mind losing heavily sometimes?
A Definitely, the adrenalin rush is worth it
B I had a great time but I’m sorry I lost so much
C I’ll never let it come to that
7) Have you ever tried to give up gambling but failed?
A I’ve not tried because I don’t have a problem
B I failed before, but I’ll try again
C I’m not even going to bother trying
8) Are you devoting too much time to gambling?
A Maybe, but I don’t mind, I enjoy it so much
B Yes but I keep it under control
C No, I put my time to better use
9) Do you sometimes gamble with borrowed money?
A Yes because one of these days it’s going to pay off
B The only money I ever borrowed was to buy a house
C Yes, but I’ll never do it again.
10) Do you drop all other plans if there is an opportunity to go gambling?
A Yes and I don’t feel guilty about it
B Sometimes but not often
C No I control myself
Add Your Addiction Quiz Score
Each answer is worth 1, 2 or 3 points. Add your points and then see where you stand when it comes to gambling addiction.
1) a-1, b-2,c-3 2) a-3, b-2, c-1 3) a-1, b-3,c-2 4) a-1, b-2, c-3 5) a-2, b-1, c-3
6) a-1, b-3, c-2 7)a-3, b-2, c-1 8) a-1, b-2, c-3 9) a-1, b-2, c-3 10)a-1, b-2, c-3
You have a serious gambling addiction problem. If you can’t quit on your own seek professional helpfast.
11 to 20 POINTS:
Things seem to be under control, but are you absolutely sure? Carry on with caution.
21 to 30 POINTS:
Boy, do you have self-control! Common sense rules your life! Nothing to worry about.
|Share this page:|